Monday, October 3, 2011

A Big Day

My daughter will be 18 in six months, and thus eligible to vote in the next presidential election. Strolling down Broadway at a street fair Sunday afternoon, we stopped at a campaign table, and she decided to register to vote! She was the first person to be registered by the just-up-and-running campaign office, and when she was done, they asked her to hold a sign so they could take pictures of her. Of course, I took pictures of her too. This is a major right of passage; we were all kinds of excited. Hard to imagine she will be a college freshman when she votes for the first time next year.




6 comments:

  1. She becomes more beautiful every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! That is indeed a milestone.
    And thanks for reminding me--my daughter's first vote was in the last election. She texted me right after and thanked me for bringing her up with the interest to follow what was going on in the world. It's amazing to see our children become adults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute. She's just a luminous young woman. Let's hope her vote counts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool. I remember the first time I voted and how it felt to be among the counted--even though my people seldom won. Ah well....

    Your daughter is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! I wish I had a picture from my first time registering!

    ReplyDelete