Saturday, June 11, 2011

Men

My husband still instinctively cradles our son's head the way he did when our boy was a baby and his whole head fit in the palm of his big sure hand. I love their comradeship, their camaraderie, the way my husband just "gets" our son. Our boy is away at camp for the summer, along with his girlfriend and several of his closest buddies in the world. All the counselors are there now, setting up the platform tents in the woods, building new unit porches, servicing the boats and other equipment, cleaning up the waterfront, making everything pristine for when the kids arrive at the end of the month. And this week, our son will also be training the lifeguards. I watched him getting his paperwork ready before he left. He was serious as a judge, no playing around. I miss him.


No comments:

Post a Comment