Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Companions on the Way

Well, what a tsunami of emotion passed through yesterday! I am happy to report that my mom and niece arrived at 2 a.m. this morning, both hale and fresh-faced despite the late hour. My mom is certainly smaller, as if she's shrunk a couple inches on all sides, but her spirit is as robust as ever, and I am so thrilled to have her here to just hug and spend time with. Truly, I can hardly wait to get home from work today just to see her.

My friend Steve from Shadows & Light left me the most wise comment this morning. It possesses an awareness no doubt cultivated in his Buddhist practice. Steve, I so appreciate your taking the moment to tug my sleeve and remind me that we are each here on our own soul journey. I will try to remember what you've said in the weeks ahead.

For now, my best service is to take care of my mother. She is so grateful for everything, she makes it easy. I am feeling grateful, too. Especially for those who walk alongside me in this life. And for everything, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment