Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The President in Love





Someone posted the most perfect image of Barack and Michelle Obama on PostSecret.com, my favorite online art project. The words pasted onto the image captured my own feeling exactly. Watching the first couple dance at the inauguration balls last night, I marveled that the leader of the free world looked like nothing so much as a guy dancing with his girl—a girl he was totally hot for, I might add.

My husband felt their heat, too. Passing through the living room, he couldn't help stopping to watch them dance at the Inaugural Balls (top photo). Barack and Michelle did that same old school, stuttery two-step they were doing all night. And yet there was something so downright sexy about them, the way Barack leaned into Michelle, teasing, clearly flirting, kissing her neck, her mischievous, almost coquettish laugh in return. My husband said, "I sure hope they can get through the events quickly so they can go home and inaugurate their new bed!" Yep, something about their energy took our minds there. And it was lovely. And when I logged onto PostSecret.com today, and found this image (second photo), I realized other minds had gone there, too.

Okay, people, mark this down: At just after 12 noon on January 20, 2009, Barack Obama was sworn in as the first African-American president of the United States. More important, a man of stellar character became our new commander in chief. And a loving, brilliant, wholesome Black family took up residence in The White House. What a day this was for America!

I'm off to find my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment